Boston Marathon Team Competition | Boston Athletic Association
Boston Marathon 125th Team Results
- Teams must be current club members with USA Track & Field (USATF), or the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), or an equivalent foreign national track and field organization.
- All team members must either maintain permanent residency in the same geographic region in which the club is registered or have initially obtained membership before relocating.
- Individual membership is not required in the USATF.
- All participants of a team must be genuine members of that team.
- Qualified and unqualified official participants are also eligible to be included in the team competition.
- A club cannot register multiple teams for a particular division, for example Atlanta Track Club “A” and Atlanta Track Club “B”.
- Only one team leader for each club.
- The team leader will be contacted if the team does not follow any of the guidelines.
- The Boston Marathon has open and masters division team competitions.
- Members of an open team must be 18 years of age or older.
- All members of a masters team must be 40 years of age or older.
- Each team member must have submitted an official individual Boston Marathon entry and must have been accepted to participate.
- An individual can only be placed on one team.
- A team must consist of all male or female athletes, respectively for male and female teams. No mixed teams.
- Athletes starting in both the men’s and women’s pro starts may be included on a team roster for scoring purposes.
- Teams must have a minimum of three athletes and a maximum of fifteen.
- The lowest cumulative time determines the champion team.
- Net time will be used for scoring purposes.
- Ties between two or more teams are resolved by determining the third member of the team that finished closest to first place.
- Teams finishing with less than three registered members will not be scored.
- Official results will be announced after verification.
- There is no additional cost to participate in the team competition.
- If you need additional information, please email below:
All of the above information is subject to change.
Comments are closed.