Charity | Boston Sports Association
THE BAA IS PROUD TO WELCOME THE FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS TO THE OFFICIAL CHARITY PROGRAM OF THE BOSTON MARATHON 2021
AT THE BOSTON ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION, WE INVEST IN THE COMMUNITIES WHERE WE LIVE AND WORK
Through our official charity program, we offer invitational admission to the Boston Marathon to select non-profit organizations. Organizations use these applications to recruit athletes who are committed to fundraising for their cause. For selection into our official charity program, the Boston Athletic Association greatly values ââorganizations that strengthen our local community and align with our mission of promoting a healthy lifestyle through sport, especially running.
ATHLETES INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE BOSTON MARATHON ON BEHALF OF A MEMBER OF OUR OFFICIAL CHARITABLE PROGRAM
- If you do not have a current Boston Marathon qualifying time for your gender and age group, you may be interested in competing in the Boston Marathon on behalf of a member of our official charity program.
- All members of our official charity program receive invitational entries to the Boston Marathon which void qualifying times.
- To apply to participate in the Boston Marathon on behalf of a member of our official charity program, please contact the organization you are interested in directly. Contact information for each organization can be found through the organization logos shown above.
- The coordinator of each member of our official charity program will be able to provide you with information about their team‘s application and selection process, timelines and fundraising requirements.
- Each athlete who competes in the Boston Marathon on behalf of one of our official charities must raise a minimum of $ 5,000.
- If you got a Boston Marathon entry as a qualified athlete, you can also fundraise for a member of our official charity program. Please contact the organization you wish to fundraise for directly for information on joining their team.
- The Boston Athletic Association does not have a program whereby it provides individuals with invitational entry to the Boston Marathon so that they can participate in the event on behalf of the nonprofit organization of their choice.
- Gain is the fundraising platform for the Boston Marathon. For any questions regarding the platform, please contact [email protected].
2022 OFFICIAL CHARITY PROGRAM APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
Organizations must meet the following criteria to be considered for the 2022 Official Charity Program:
- The organization is registered 501 (c) (3)
- The organization is aligned with the mission and areas of strategic focus of the Boston Athletic Association – Health and Fitness
- Programs benefit our local community
- The organization is neither religious nor political
Organizations that meet our program criteria and wish to apply for the 2022 Official Charity Program can submit a letter of inquiry (LOI) between September 15 and 30, 2021. A letter of intent must not exceed one page. Organizations should include the following information in their letter of intent – an overview of the organization (mission, population and geographic area served, etc.) and an explanation of how the organization’s work meets our criteria. official charity program. If an organization is invited to submit a full application after reviewing their Letter of Intent, that organization will be notified on October 4, 2021. All full applications will be submitted to our Charity Committee for review at a meeting to be held. in November 2021. Organizations accepted into the official charity program 2022 will be notified shortly after this committee meeting.