Tickets now on sale for the Darien Old Timers Athletic Association’s annual sports dinner, November 8
The Darien Old Timers Athletic Association (DOTAA), a local organization founded in 1961 to recognize outstanding athletes in the Darien community, will celebrate its 60th anniversary with its annual dinner on Monday, November 8 at Water’s Edge at Giovanni’s.
– an announcement from Darien alumni sports association
The annual dinner will be an opportunity to celebrate the past athletic achievements of former Darien athletes and funds raised will be used to provide annual scholarships to Darien High School seniors (not just athletes) and to support Darien social services. .
This year’s winners include:
- Jeff Bak, DHS ’84 (football) and played for Clemson University
- Wes barton, DHS ’92, reception James Carlson Award for courage and success in the face of adversity, (lacrosse and football)
- Tracey Stewart Bird, DHS ’80 (diving), dived for Stanford and currently coach at Harvard
- Michael koenig, DHS ’80 (football)
- Tom o’malley, DHS ’84 (posthumous) (football)
- Jayme stevenson, receiving the Community Civic Award, Darien first selectman
- Mark von Kreuter, DHS ’80 (posthumous) (football)
âWe are proud to celebrate the contributions of Darien’s athletic achievements over the past sixty years. This year’s winners are an impressive selection of men and women who have impacted the Darien community and beyond with their athletic and civic achievements, âsaid Bill Peters, President of the Darien Old Timers Athletic Association.
“We are proud to carry on the tradition of providing scholarship funds to deserving Darien high school students and supporting Darien social services.”
If you are going toâ¦
Dinner will be held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at The Water’s Edge at Giovanni’s in Darien on Monday, November 8. Tickets cost $ 75 each or a table for ten for $ 750 and can be purchased here.
To purchase ads in the program that contribute to scholarships, please contact Jim Jespersen at [email protected]
About the Darien Alumni Sports Association
The Darien Old Timers Athletic Association (DOTAA) was founded by members of the Piedmont Club in 1961. The main missions of the DOTAA were to recognize outstanding athletic achievement, primarily within the Darien community, and to support athletics at within the community.
Over the years, this mission has changed and evolved; In addition to recognizing the past accomplishments of Darien athletes, DOTAA now awards several financial scholarships to Darien High School (DHS) graduates each year, not just athletes.
DOTAA also supports people in need in Darien through financial donations to social services in Darien.